Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC of th.e college has become a part of the institution’s system
and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance following the UGC and NAAC guidelines.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
|Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of evaluation procedures;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes /activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Composition of the IQAC
The present IQAC was formed and started functioning in full-fledged form from July 2018. This IQAC has come up with newer ideas and new forms of development in infrastructure and learning resources for a whole round progress of the institution. The members of the new IQAC are as follows:
Chairperson: Dr. Kinjalkini Biswas, Principal, Muralidhar Girls’ College
Senior Administrative Officer: Dr. Ashis Ghosh
Management Representative: Dr. Santanu Pal, Professor, Department of Botany, Calcutta University (University Nominee).
Smt. Mousumi Mallick, Associate Professor, Department of Bengali, Maharani Kasheswari Mahavidyalaya, Calcutta University.
Nominee of Industrialist: Sri. Gour Dey.
Nominee of Local Society: Sri. Arka Kumar Nath, B.A. LLB.
Student Alumi Representative: Smt. Monalisa Choudhury
Nominee Stakeholder: Dr. Subiresh Bhattacharya, Vice-Chancellor, North Bengal University
Co-ordinator: Smt. Aparna Sengupta, Associate Professor, Department of Bengali, Muralidhar Girls’ College.
Dr. Niharkanti Mandal, Associate Professor, Department of Bengali
Smt. Shukla Pathak, Assistant Professor, Department of Bengali
Dr. Indira Sur, Associate Professor, Department of Education
Smt. Chhanda Mondal, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
Smt. Atrayee Saha, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology
Sri. Saminur Rahaman, Assistant Professor, Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
Dr. Rituparna Basak, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology
Smt. Bangasree Dey, Librarian
Smt. Rita Nag, GLI, Department of Botany
All queries can be directed to the official IQAC email id: firstname.lastname@example.org