Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC of th.e college has become a part of the institution’s system
and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance following the UGC and NAAC guidelines.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
|Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of evaluation procedures;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes /activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Composition of the IQAC
- Chairperson: Dr. Kinjalkini Biswas
- Teachers: Smt. Sukla Chakrabarti, Dr. Nihar Kanti Mondal, Dr. Madhumanti Maitra, Dr. Krishna Dutta, Dr. Sampriya Chowdhury, Smt. Swati Chattopadhyay, Dr. Indrani Raha, Sri Sanjoy Majumder, Smt. Bangyasree Dey (Librarian)
- Administrative Staff: Smt. Anjana Chatterjee, Sri Amal Adhikary
- Student Alumnae: Smt. Sujata Chatterjee, Smt. Monalisa Chowdhury
- Student Representative: Kakali Rani Barman
- Staff Alumnae: Smt. Sukla Das
- Community Representative: Smt. Tista Das Biswas (Counsellor)
- External Expert: Dr.Sudip Chakraborty
- Employer/Industrialist: Sri Sabyasachi Basu, DGM, ICICI Bank Ltd. , Smt. Saswati Mukhopadhyay, Jt. Director, Directorate of Employment, Government of West Bengal
- Coordinator of the IQAC: Smt. Sunetra Sengupta