National Service Scheme (NSS):
The NSS Unit sanctioned by the Government of India has been set up in this college. Dr. Anita Chattopadhyay Gupta (Best NSS Officer, Calcutta University) is In-Charge of the College NSS unit. Unit 2 has been opened in 2015 with Prof. Chhanda Mondal as In-Charge. This is a feather in the cap for Muralidhar Girls’ College NSS Unit.
The main activities undertaken by the NSS Unit are:
- Social outreach programmes involving Disaster Preparedness, Environment Enrichment and Conservation, health and Nutrition Programes of the Unit are held regularly. NSS is mainly a personality development programme by involving the students in community services.
- Social responsibility is nurtured in the students as they participate in various social service schemes involving Orphanages, Old-Age Homes and Blind Students.
- Special camps are also held each year where certificates are issued by the University to the students.
- The best and most efficient student volunteers are given a chance to participate in the Pre-Republic Day and Republic Day camps, National Integration camps, Inter State Youth Exchange camps and Youth Festivals.
- The Government of India also selects student volunteers for International Youth Delegation.
- The Indira Gandhi National NSS Award is given to the outstanding NSS student volunteers and NSS Units.
NSS Annual Report 2015-16 (Unit 1)
NSS Annual Report 2015-16 (Unit 2)
NSS Report on Special camp 2015-16 (Unit 1)
NSS Report on Special camp 2015-16 (Unit 2)